Answers from Our Experts (1)
Phnom Penh is a lively and colorful city that is sure to capture the attention of your kids. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s best things to do with kids in Phnom Penh:
1. Riverfront area. There’s a bustling riverfront area near the Foreign Correspondents Club, where kids can try out public exercise equipment, dance to the DJs conducting synchronized dance classes and watch the boats come and go.
2. Independence Square. Near Independence Monument, the large Independence Square is a great place to buy balloons, kites or small toys. It’s also where kids can watch dancers, badminton players and maybe even join in a game of catch with some locals.
3. Koh Pich (“Diamond Island”). Head to this island, where kids will love the candy-colored amusement park, games and food.
4. Sorya Shopping Center. This modern mall has all the stores you could ever need, but kids will want to check out the rollerblading rink on the top floor. It’s often packed with Cambodian teens doing tricks off the ramps; not for the faint of heart, but a treat to watch.
5. Ice cream shops. Get a welcome respite from the heat inside Phnom Penh’s ice cream shops. Check out the Blue Pumpkin on the riverfront, where an eye-popping array of flavors are served on trays while you lounge on comfortable bed-like benches.