Answers from Our Experts (1)
With more and more tourists flocking to Phnom Penh, the city is filling up with more and more places to stay. While it may not have the luxurious accommodations of cities like neighboring Bangkok, Phnom Penh does have some top hotels that we love checking in to. Here are some Forbes Travel Guide favorites:
1. Raffles Hotel Le Royal. Probably the most luxurious place to stay in Phnom Penh, this is usually the hotel of choice for celebrities and politicians who come into town. Boasting luxurious décor and mazelike corridors, it has an elegant style that’s not always easy to find in the Cambodian city.
2. InterContinental Phnom Penh. One of the most modern hotels in town, the Intercontinental features a large outdoor pool, a gym and a fine dining restaurant.
3. Sofitel Phnom Penh. Located in a colonial-style building on the river, the Sofitel offers chic rooms with modern amenities like flatscreen TVs, WiFi and iPod docking stations. Outside the rooms, you will have access to two pools, a spa, and sleek bars and restaurants.
4. The Foreign Correspondents Club. A stay here will give you spacious rooms and top river views. You’ll also be inside one of the city’s top tourist attractions — The Foreign Correspondents Club is a popular spot to grab a drink while you observe the action of the riverfront district.
5. The Boddhi Tree Aram. This boutique hotel is located near the Royal Palace and offers a peaceful respite from the city. It’s situated down a leafy street and boasts a garden, where you can sit with a coffee and a book.