Answers from Our Experts (1)
Pittsburgh is a city that is filled with romantic options and opportunities, especially in the dining and nightlife arenas. If it’s a uniquely romantic restaurant experience you’re looking for, simply start with our list of the city’s top five amorous eateries:
1. Hyeholde. It doesn’t get much more romantic than Moon Township’s Hyeholde, a popular wedding reception spot that resembles a medieval castle and sits on four acres of farmland. The locally-sourced food is French- and American-inspired, and the wine list is second to none.
2. Isabela on Grandview. The high-end Isabela on Grandview is a white-tablecloth restaurant popular with a middle-aged crowd; its view of the city far below is picture-perfect. The frequently changing menu usually features a prix-fixe option.
3. Eleven. For something a bit more contemporary, try Eleven, where the sophisticated ambiance receives just as many high marks as the seasonal and artfully prepared entrees. Reserve the chef’s table to impress your date.
4. Soba. Offering Pan-Asian cuisine in a minimalist, Zen-like setting, the hugely stylish Soba has a bar that’s popular with a singles, while the multileveled and low-lit dining areas are quiet and perfect for conversation.
5. Dish. An Italian-influenced osteria known for serving some of the city’s most sophisticated food, Dish is a significantly smaller and more intimate restaurant than the others on this list. It’s popular with a young and fashion-forward clientele, and it’s perfect for a first date.