Answers from Our Experts (1)
With its multitude of green spaces, interactive museum exhibits and seasonal festivals, Prague is a family-friendly destination with plenty of activities to entertain your children — no matter their ages. Here are five top spots for kids:
1. Petřín Lookout Tower. The highest point in the city, the Eiffel Tower-esque Petřín stands on a hill overlooking Prague Castle and the rest of the city — so a climb up its 299-step spiral staircase will not only tire out the kids, but will also reward them with a fantastic view. Afterwards, let them run around large play park that surrounds the tower.
2. Aqua Palace. Prague has many swimming pools, but the highlight for any child has to be Aqua Palace. Located just a short metro ride and a free bus trip from the center, this water wonderland has enough chutes, wave machines, fast-flowing rivers and pirate boats for a whole day’s worth of entertainment. There are also Jacuzzis, saunas and spas for the parents.
3. Prague Zoo. The Prague Zoo has a variety of animals from around the world, a petting zoo, regular animal demonstrations and an on-site chairlift — plus mention healthy food options — making it one of the most kid-focused zoos in Europe.
4. The Toy Museum. As the second-largest toy museum in the world, this remarkable exhibition has artifacts dating back to Ancient Greece. Expect dolls and dollhouses, puppets, marbles, board games, train sets, teddy bears and a wealth of similarly traditional bohemian playthings.
5. Find a seasonal treat. Barely a weekend goes by in Prague without some child-friendly events taking place. Whether it is the springtime Matthews Funfair, the summertime music festivals, the fall children’s theatre shows or the pop-up winter ice rinks, every season has activities to keep visiting families busy.