Answers from Our Experts (1)
Stunning architecture, breathtaking vistas, European culture — it doesn’t get much more romantic than this. And Québec City flaunts all of those qualities with the charm of a fairytale city. Considering it’s the birthplace of French Canada, it’s no wonder that there are plenty of romantic restaurants that will leave your heart begging for more. Here’s our list of the five best romantic restaurants in Québec City:
1. Le Saint Amour. Off the bustle of the tourist beat, this family-owned-and-operated restaurant is as charming as can be. Tucked away in Old Québec, Le Saint Amour showcases its indoor garden décor in a way that is enchanting and welcoming. Indulge yourself in the fresh and local ingredients and satisfy your wine cravings with a bottle from the restaurant’s vast wine room that houses more than 12,000 bottles.
2. Le Panache. Situated inside the Auberge St. Antoine, this charming dining room features stone walls and massive wood beams. You can’t help but feel the romance filling this 19th-century Hunt maritime warehouse. With a delightful six-course tasting menu that you can pair with the perfect glasses of wine, a meal at Le Panache will leave you starry-eyed.
3. Restaurant Initiale. This modern French restaurant is tucked inside a former bank, located just one block from the St. Lawrence River in the Old Port district. Country products from local producers give way to seasonal menus of fresh, pure flavors. Service is crisp and professional, and the staff can aptly recommend an appropriate wine from the lengthy list.
4. L’Astral. Each turn of this rotating rooftop restaurant takes 90 minutes, which is plenty of time to enjoy its fine cuisine and the spectacular panoramic views of Québec City. The menu features an array of contemporary, seasonally driven recipes, including roasted Cornish hen with kalamata olives and grapes, and grilled salmon with sweet corn foam.
5. Le Continental. Deep colors and polished oak define the European atmosphere at this fine dining restaurant, located in Upper Québec. Order one of the flambé specialties for a unique tableside show. The remainder of the menu is filled with grilled steak and seafood options, and a solid list of French bottles makes up the wine list.