Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best places to eat in Rapid City are more casual than refined, but the fare itself is always delicious. Here are five restaurants that Forbes Travel Guide recommends.
1. Firehouse Brewing Co. Housed in a renovated firehouse, this restaurant serves numerous varieties of suds brewed in giant vats upstairs. The menu is standard pub grub, including sandwiches, salads and steaks, as well as Mexican and Italian offerings. Head outside on a sunny day to enjoy your beer on the restaurant’s patio, where you’ll often find live music.
2. Piesano’s Pacchia. A nice little pizzeria on the outskirts of Rapid City, Piesano’s Pacchia serves both classic (meat, three cheese) and more offbeat (Hawaiian, fajita chicken) pizzas. It prides itself on fresh ingredients and handmade crusts. There’s also a nice patio for outdoor dining.
3. Tally’s Silver Spoon. A longstanding home-style eatery reborn as a hip diner, Tally’s Silver Spoon offers classic dishes with a modern twist, like the seared black bass with a citrus and orange cream soda sauce, or the blackened Creole rib-eye with foie gras fondue. You can also get good burgers and other sandwiches, as well as pastas and salads and old favorites like chicken and dumplings.
4. Corn Exchange. This elegant yet casual downtown bistro has won acclaim for its fare prepared with fresh local ingredients. The changing menu has an eclectic array of dishes that draw inspiration from both international and heartland cuisine. Have a glass of wine or a beer with your meal, and don’t miss the desserts.
5. Black Hills Bagels. For a delicious early-morning meal, check out this little shed, which offers an endless variety of bagels, as well as a full slate of toppings and cream cheeses. It serves bagel sandwiches at breakfast and lunch as well.