Answers from Our Experts (2)
To a history buff, Richmond can’t get any more romantic; for everybody else, it still takes an intimate meal to do the trick. We’ve come up with a list of our favorite romantic restaurants in this capital city:
Lemaire is located inside the romantic Jefferson Hotel, where this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant serves contemporary American and Southern cuisine. If it’s a really special occasion, book one of the private dining rooms. Otherwise, just take in the delicious cuisine and intimate atmosphere.
Buckheads is also one of Richmond’s premier restaurants. The place will surely wow on the romance side, with prime meats and fresh seafood starring on the menu. For a late-night find, be sure to pop by the elegant and newly renovated bar for a cozy drink.
The Dining Room at The Berkeley Hotel is another winner. With impressionistic art on the wall, picture-perfect service at the table and artistic dishes of double-cut pork chops and ginger sauce-drizzled rainbow trout, you couldn't draw up a more elegant night of dining in the city.
Voted one of the most romantic restaurants in Richmond in 2006, Franco’s Ristorante belies its strip-center shopping location. If the interior of the restaurant doesn’t win you over, the superb service and food will.
The Water Grill has a full raw bar that serves as the perfect aphrodisiac for the first course, but then follows it up with a prime steak or more fresh seafood. Check it out if you’re just a couple or with a couple of friends.
The five best romantic restaurants in Richmond are:
1. Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel, a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, serves farm-to-table, Southern-inspired New American cuisine with an excellent wine list, white tablecloths and exceptional service.
2. Bistro Bobette is classically French with a delightful atmosphere and excellent food and service. In a word — quaint.
3. Julep’s is located in a historic building in Shockoe Slip with a comfortable bar, cozy upstairs seating with a fireplace and a Southern menu.
4. Acacia is home to James Beard nominee Chef Dale Reitzer and features creative presentations of seafood and regional favorites.
5. Old Original Bookbinders offers a relaxing, quiet atmosphere in a refurbished warehouse with steaks, seafood and lobster on the menu.