Answers from Our Experts (1)
Visiting the Middle East can be a wonderful educational trip for kids, and there’s plenty to do and see in Riyadh with little ones. Here’s a list of the five best activities for children:
1. Visit a mall. This may sound American, but Riyadh is famous for its tricked-out malls. Many shopping centers are filled with roller coasters, bumper cars, ice-skating, games and all the snacks you can imagine. Our favorite for kids? The Sahara Mall.
2. Visit Ya Salam Park. Here your kids can experience a day filled with train rides, pony rides, playing on the slide, riding boats and having a picnic on the green grass. The park is a nice get away from the sandy deserts and fills several acres. You can also buy various foods from traditional snacks to popcorn; near the front entrance features outdoor market.
3. Visit the Ceramic Café. Have a nice lunch while you allow the kids to choose a ceramic piece of their choice to paint. The café will fire the piece and allow you to pick it up a week later. Go ahead and make a family event out of it, painting is fun for all ages here.
4. Visit Riyadh Zoo. While not a world-class zoo, Riyadh Zoo is still enjoyable for kids. The zoo is home to several animals and has a nice green area where families can picnic. Kids can catch a free train ride for some extra fun.
5. Visit the desert. When driving inwards to the desert you will come across several sites where you can stop and allow the kids to take camel, horse, go-cart and four-wheeler rides. Go at night to take fresh fruit to feed the horses — kids love it.