Answers from Our Experts (1)
When you stay at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, there’s little the concierge can’t find for you, but to get the most out of your stay, there are a few must-have items we suggest you pack. Here’s a list of the top five things to bring to the San Francisco hotel:
1. Comfortable, supportive shoes. Downtown San Francisco is notoriously hilly and full of concrete paths, so shoes that will last you all day (sans blisters) are a must. The city is quite walkable and there are several sights close to the hotel, including Chinatown, Union Square, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the legendary cable cars.
2. A warm, durable jacket. There’s a reason behind the quote, “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” The weather can be unpredictable and depending on when you visit, the city can be cool, foggy and rainy. We suggest you bring a jacket that’s on the heavy side, just in case. The hotel provides complimentary umbrellas during inclement weather, so you’ll be covered as you explore.
3. A good camera. There are so many iconic sights and views — the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay, the Ferry Building, Alcatraz, the Japanese Tea Garden, cable cars and Chinatown — and you’ll want to remember them forever.
4. Sunglasses. Despite its rainy reputation, San Francisco averages more than 300 days of sunshine per year. You might want to stop for some food or drinks outside, and sunglasses will come in handy on a patio or long stroll.
5. Your appetite. San Francisco is known as one of the best American food cities, and you’re sure to find fresh gourmet bites and California wines at every turn. Head to the Ferry Building marketplace for delicious bread, cheese, meat and fish, or Chinatown for some tasty dim sum. There are even great eats within Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: Seasons, the hotel restaurant, serves some exquisite fish, steak and chowder.