Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll find many tempting things to eat and drink at Bacara Resort & Spa, from upscale, Spanish-influenced fare to beachy drinks. We suggest you make room for these great drinks and dishes:
1. Santa Barbara Sour at Miró. This cocktail threw us for a loop when we first read the ingredients: Bulleit bourbon, red wine and lemon juice. Yet the spice of the syrah perfectly complemented the bourbon and the result was vaguely reminiscent of sangria without the excess of sugar and accompanying hangover. It’s a cocktail we’re going to try at our home bar.
2. Dinner at Miró. Inspired by the works of the Catalan artist Joan Miró, Bacara’s fine dining restaurant serves contemporary American cuisine with Spanish accents. The menu changes occasionally, but for a special treat try the butter-poached lobster tail with veal sweetbreads in celeriac cream or the Jidori chicken breast with spicy patatas bravas and piquillo peppers.
3. Spatini at Bacara Bar. California living is all about getting into a Zen frame of mind, and what could be more relaxing than a spa-inspired martini? Poured tableside, the drink features Belvedere vodka, lemon and lime juice and plenty of cucumbers.
4. Bakers Basket at The Bistro. The omelets are pretty tasty at The Bistro, but the breakfast item that stole our heart was the Bakers Basket, specifically the decadent, gooey pecan rolls, which were some of the best we’ve ever had. Yeasty and rich, they make a sweet, delicious way to start the day.
5. Tuna tartare at The Bistro. Large chunks of big-eye tuna are served with a citrusy avocado purée and lavash crackers. This healthy and flavorful appetizer — also available from room service and poolside — is California cuisine personified.