Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether you’re at Bacara Resort & Spa for a romantic weekend getaway or have brought the whole family along for a vacation, we think you’ll find that these five best amenities will enhance your stay at this Santa Barbara retreat:
1. The scenery. The grounds of Bacara are our favorite part of this California resort, and we love that there are benches and lounge chairs and hiking paths throughout, enabling your enjoyment of the sights of sand, surf and mountains shrouded in fog.
2. The bath products. We travel constantly and have lathered up with all sorts of bath products, but we’ve got to say that the Fresh bath products are our favorites du jour. You’ll find the company’s excellent soy shampoo, pomegranate conditioner and a delectable duo of Citron de Vigne body wash and body lotion. All smell divine and are worth adding to your collection back home.
3. The spa’s locker rooms. We’d definitely recommend getting a Swedish sport massage following an afternoon of golf or tennis, but even if you aren’t booking a treatment in the spa, you’re free to use the locker room, which includes a steam room plus a great Jacuzzi pool and sauna. Sweat or soak out your stresses, and then maybe chill on your terrace with a glass of merlot for some instant Zen.
4. The pools. Bacara offers three saltwater swimming pools, all heated to a very comfortable 82 degrees F, plus an outdoor hot tub where you can relax. We love that they overlook the ocean, and you’ll even find fun activities for the kids, like a sandbox filled with toys and Ping-Pong tables.
5. Golf cart transportation. Bacara is fairly spread out, with pathways curving about from the main lobby to the spa to the guest rooms and pool, but the hotel staff will happily shuttle you from spot to spot via a golf cart if you’re traveling with anyone who has problems walking steep hills or if you're just tired after a strenuous day of tennis or golf.