Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Spa at Bacara offers a range of treatments from classic Swedish massages to Eastern-inspired reflexology treatments. If you’re looking to truly indulge in a day of bliss, consider booking one of these five treatments which we think are the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa’s best:
1. Bacara Rooftop Mud Bar. Though this treatment requires a bit of work, it's worth it. The self-applied marine mud will leave you feeling like a whole new person, as it helps detox, lift water retention and nourish your skin with antioxidants and minerals. You'll rinse off with a shower exfoliation. Bring your friends or loved ones to share the experience of the Mud Bar.
2. Bacara Citrus Avocado Body Polish. This invigorating exfoliating scrub is inspired by the organic fruits and vegetables found nearby, and combines mineral salt with avocado, orange, lemon and tangerine oils. After your skin’s scrubbed and renewed, you’ll undergo a warm Swiss shower followed by an application of avocado oil-and-shea-butter lotion.
3. Abyangha. If you’re interested in ayurvedic healing, check out this Indian-inspired, light-touch herbal oil massage that’s designed to calm the nervous system and balance the mind while also stimulating the circulatory and lymphatic systems. Mind, body, soul, done.
4. BABOR Seacreation Facial. The signature facial at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa is one that will make you feel good inside and out. Using extracts of microorganisms that are found at the bottom of the ocean, the Seacreation Facial will allow you to see dramatic improvements in your skin. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Gaviota Coast Conservancy
5. Bacara Body Melt. A gentle scrub followed by a warm Swiss shower prepares you for a full-body massage with eucalyptus and ylang ylang essential oils to help soothe your muscles and nourish your skin while soothing heat is applied all over. In a word, bliss.