Answers from Our Experts (1)
There's no shortage of big-name international chain hotels in Santiago's downtown, and while they're luxe and reliable, the city's reinvention means a bevy of chic retreats, too. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for five of the finest places to stay:
1. Ritz-Carlton Santiago. You’ll find outstanding amenities at the Ritz-Carlton Santiago, such as the gorgeous indoor pool and spa crowned by a vaulted glass rooftop, two restaurants and a popular bar, 100 Grand. The lobby is filled with rich mahogany woods a nod to local Chilean design influences.
2. W Santiago. This hip Tony Chi-designed hotel is in the El Golf district and features colorful accents and slick, luxe décor. Head to the rooftop pool and lounge for great panoramas of the city and Andes Mountains.
3. Hotel Boneparte. Around the corner from Providencia, Hotel Boneparte offers many of the same amenities as large luxury chains and adheres to the same top-tier standards. You can expect a good dose of local flavor and perks like 24-hour room service and a well-staffed on-site spa.
4. Le Rev. Located in Providencia, this luxe boutique hotel combines immaculate bespoke rooms with the small touches this place apart. The comfort of a home is a major factor in the design — you can even can duck into the kitchen for a midnight snack or mix yourself a drink from the "Honesty Bar". Expect stellar, personal service.
5. The Aubrey. Fresh off a restoration, this boutique hotel in trendy Bellavista turned a sprawling 1932 mansion into a contemporary 15-room establishment with sunny enclaves and a piano lounge. It has a stunning Mission-style outdoor terrace with medieval stone arches where you can dine alfresco or take a dip in the pool. Character abounds.