Personalized luxury on Wyoming’s frontier
7 Cabins / 2 Residences
On the high mountain prairie just outside of Saratoga, Wyoming, is where you’ll find the secluded ranch resort Magee Homestead. Situated on the sprawling 30,000-acre Brush Creek Ranch, the sophisticated retreat is nestled between the 1-million-acre Medicine Bow National Forest and the North Platte River Valley, a world-renowned spot for blue-ribbon fly-fishing.
Before 2016, Magee Homestead was only available for private rentals of the entire property, but now you can book an all-inclusive stay as a couple or small group at the Saratoga guest ranch.
Situated at 7,600 feet above sea level, Magee Homestead provides a luxurious frontier ambiance complete with stunning mountain views and a personalized experience. Ample outdoor activities, such as hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, fly-fishing, shooting and archery, are customized to suit your preferences.
The luxury ranch also serves as a wellness retreat, where you can relax by the tranquil creek, enjoy a variety of spa treatments, meditate, practice sun salutations in the yoga yurt or work out at the fitness center.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Design your own wellness and outdoor recreation retreat with equestrian activities, fly-fishing, shooting sports, archery, yoga, Pilates, mountain biking, hiking, ranger tours and more.
• The sprawling ranch resort offers plenty of opportunities for relaxation, too — check out the outdoor pool, hot tub and cabana, new grotto and spa treatment rooms.
• The spa offers a full menu of treatments featuring Western-inspired ingredients like local rocks and essential oils made from native plants and herbs.
• Twenty miles of private water allows for blue-ribbon trout fishing in the North Platte River Valley.
• A new meditation labyrinth provides an opportunity for peaceful introspection and tranquility.
Things to Know
• Magee Homestead is a summer and early fall destination, typically open from late May to late October.
• The all-inclusive resort’s room rate covers lodging, most activities, meals and all spirits and beverages — including access to the wine cellar.
• The resort is reserved for guests 21 and older, but you can rent out the whole ranch for a wedding, family reunion or event with an all-ages crowd.
• The luxury ranch is located 10 minutes away from Saratoga, while Shively Field, a private airport, is just 13 miles away.
• July and August are popular times to visit, and September offers changing colors and snow-capped peaks.
• The property features two multi-bedroom residences and seven luxury cabin suites, all beautifully decorated by the Simeone Deary Design Group of Chicago.
• Each accommodation features original artwork and furnishings, and most have fireplaces and creek-side decks.
• The design reflects the region’s Western character, with earth tones and diverse patterns and textures, ranging from antlers on the wall to Pendleton wool blankets.
• The cabin names, including TZ, Wood and Pearce, are believed to be those of the original homesteaders.
• Rooms feature plush bedding and pillows, Egyptian cotton towels, down duvets and heated bathroom floors, among other amenities.
• Chef de cuisine AJ Buchanio follows a pasture-to-plate philosophy with a menu focused on responsibly sourced organic ingredients.
• The constantly evolving menu can be tailored to suit your individual needs and features everything from Akaushi New York strip steak and wild halibut en papillote to truffled grilled cheese, grilled chili elk stew and pecan praline fudge brownies.
• A 6,480-square-foot greenhouse produces more than 100 different ingredients used on the seasonal menu, including vegetables, fruits, flowers, herbs, teas and honey.
• In addition to three square meals, you can enjoy wine tastings, gourmet picnics, cooking classes and other personalized dining options throughout your stay.