Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Centre for Well-Being at The Phoenician is all about total wellness — mind, body and soul — and the treatments at this luxurious Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa reflect that focus. Many of the staff members have been with the spa since the early days, and their commitment to the mission of relaxation and total health is reflected in the outstanding massages, facials, wraps and scrubs. While it’s hard to go wrong here, whether you want a traditional massage or something more unique, these are the five treatments we think are best:
1. The Desert Serenity scrub, wrap and massage. Unique to the spa, this package is every treatment you want — and have to have — rolled into one. A full body and mind relaxation package, Desert Serenity takes the best the desert has to offer, like detoxifying aloe vera and rich clay, and mixes it with a traditional full body massage. The treatment starts with the scrub and wrap, and after a soothing shower, finishes with an expert massage. You’ll leave with glowing skin, soothed muscles and a calm mind.
2. Holistic massage. A truly apt title, this experience brings together a variety of massage techniques that are tailored exactly to you. It goes without saying, but we’re saying it anyway: The masseuses here are top-notch, and while this massage has a seemingly simply description, the result is anything but.
3. Shea butter wrap with honey avocado foot therapy. Is desert air turning your skin lizard-like? This wrap will have it glowing in no time. A 100 percent shea butter is massaged over the entire body before you’re cocooned. Next, your feet are exfoliated and coated with a foot masque that would make the Greek gods jealous.
4. Personalized facial. If you’re in serious need of some deep cleansing and toning, but worry that a facial will leave your skin in worse shape than when you started, this is the way to go. The treatment begins with a skin analysis, and the rest is customized based on your needs and particular skin-type.
5. Well-Being stone ritual. A Native American healing ritual, this treatment is perfect for sore joints and muscles. Warm river stones and cool marble stones are placed on the body and, using gentle pressure, melt away stress. This treatment has a spiritual note to it, bringing mind, body and soul together in the name of relaxation.