Answers from Our Experts (1)
A good vacation is inevitably linked to good food, and The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club is no exception. When you stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, you’ll be treated to Southern cuisine at its finest. Here are our five favorite things to eat and drink at the Sea Island hotel.
1. Filet mignon au poivre. For all you steak lovers, head to The Lodge’s Colt & Alison restaurant to try this 10-ounce steak, which is served tableside.
2. Grouper BLT. This signature sandwich, served at the luxury Sea Island hotel's Oak Room restaurant, is topped with fried green tomatoes, herbed mayonnaise, crisp bacon and sourdough bread.
3. Southern breakfast. We recommend getting an authentic taste of the South with The Lodge’s farm-fresh eggs and grits. We ordered ours off the room service menu, and the grits were delivered in an iron skillet.
4. The Front Porch Cocktail. Sip on one of Sea Island’s signature drinks, which is made with bourbon and sweet and sour mix. If you’re not a fan of bourbon, we recommend:
5. The Back Porch Cocktail. Similar to the Front Porch Cocktail, it’s made with vodka instead of bourbon.