Answers from Our Experts (1)
Food lovers from all over come to Seattle expecting fresh, innovative food — and not just at the fine dining restaurants. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors rounded up the five best food experiences to be had in Seattle:
1. White Moustache Urban Adventure Co. This touring company hits up some off-the-beaten-tourist-path spots in Settle for an authentic taste of the city. Pick a theme or fly blind for Bryce’s Eating Tour On Wheels.
2. Theo Chocolate. This chocolate manufacturer offers hour-long factory tours, seven days a week. For $6, learn about the company’s sustainable “bean-to-bar” mission and savor many samples.
3. Pike Place Market. A trip to Seattle isn’t complete without meandering the stalls at Pike Place Market. Vendors are friendly and happy to share the story of where specific fish and farmed items came from. Don’t miss the free samples at Chukar Cherries.
4. Food trucks. Traveling food trucks have taken Seattle by storm, serving everything from Korean tacos (Marination Mobile) and Filipino favorites (Lumpia World), to Cajun cuisine (Where Ya At Matt) and gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches (Monte Cristo).
5. The Tasting Room. Want to learn more about Washington wines? Swing by The Tasting Room on Post Alley, where the super friendly staff will school you on wines from some of the state’s most celebrated vineyards — one sip, flight, or glass at a time. Taste something you like? They’ll ship.