Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about Grand Hyatt Shanghai, from the excellent service to the easy Metro access. Here are our picks for the five best things about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Grand Hyatt:
1. The views. Grand Hyatt Shanghai occupies floors 53 to 87 of the 88-floor Jin Mao Tower, one of the tallest buildings in the world. It was Shanghai’s tallest building from 1999 to 2008, when its next-door neighbor Shanghai World Financial Center took that place. Needless to say, the hotel offers staggering views of the Bund, the Pudong skyline and the Huangpu River.
2. The location. The Grand Hyatt is in the middle of Shanghai’s Lujiazui financial hub, making it the ideal base for those visiting on business. It’s a quick walk to the Metro and you can hail a cab in two seconds flat.
3. The service. The staff at Four-Star Grand Hyatt Shanghai understands that you’re busy, and they go out of their way to ensure that everything is done as quickly as possible. Check-in and check-out are completely painless, and the staff is quick to help with whatever you need throughout your stay.
4. The food. Grand Hyatt Shanghai has six restaurants, so even picky palates will be pleased. We love the traditional Cantonese food served at Canton, especially the dim sum brunch.
5. Room service. Grand Hyatt serves every single item on its room service menu 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which means you can order eggs at two in the afternoon and sweet and sour soup for breakfast. This works out very well if you’re flipped around from crossing multiple time zones.