Answers from Our Experts (1)
Five things to know about Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund are:
1. Great for kids. The hotel has a colorful and friendly style, with plenty of couches, iMac stations, a cozy library, pool and even movie pods to keep young travelers entertained.
2. Design-forward. Those who favor traditional design should steer away from this hotel lobby, which features rotating contemporary artworks and a minimalist feel.
3. Visit the bar. One of the biggest draws of the hotel is the outdoor terrace of CHAR, which is furnished with glowing podiums and offers sweeping vistas of the sparkling Shanghai skyline and river below.
4. Be sure of the location. The hotel does, as its name says, sit just beside The Bund, but not in the central business or commercial area. That said leisure travelers will be glad to know it’s only a 15-minute walk to tourist hotspots Yuyuan Garden and The Cool Docks, Shanghai’s popular fashion and culture district.
5. Hang out on the sixth floor. The sixth floor is the heart of the hotel, housing the all day dining restaurant, concierge desk, gift shop, library, iMacs, massage chairs, movie pods and more. Be sure to set aside at least an hour to explore.