Answers from Our Experts (1)
The eclectic restaurants at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel serve up a wide variety of cuisine. We suggest tasting a bit of everything, but here are five things you cannot miss:
1. Local specialties. Shang-High Cuisine, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s signature Chinese restaurant, serves local specialties and updated regional dishes using seasonal, organic ingredients. Try the jumbo Crystal River shrimp, which come straight from the Yangtze River.
2. Shanghainese fine dining dishes. You can’t go wrong with the famous xiao long bao soup dumplings or the braised lake shrimp with hairy crab meat.
3. Adventurous dishes. Those with an adventurous palate can try pigeon, cuttlefish eggs, eel and fish lips.
4. Western fare. The Grill Room on the luxury Shanghai hotel’s mezzanine level is a boutique steakhouse serving grade A Australian Wagyu steaks accompanied by a central antipasto and condiment bar.
5. Japanese cuisine. J-Mix restaurant has a sushi bar and serves freshly rolled sushi and ramen. It also boasts a teppanyaki corner with private counters, so you can watch the chef cook meat and veggies right in front of you.