Answers from Our Experts (1)
Since Swissôtel Grand Shanghai is a business-focused hotel, you won’t find much onsite entertainment here. However, there are endless activity options surrounding the Shanghai hotel. Here are the five best:
1. Fumin Road. Nestled in the heart of the bustling Jing’an central business district, Swissôtel Grand Shanghai is just north of fine dining options and trendy bars on Fumin Road.
2. Former French Concession. Head farther south on foot and you’ll find yourself walking on the tree-lined streets of the former French Concession.
3. Shopping at Park Place. You’ll find international brands and high-end local retailers here.
4. Jing’an Temple. The ancient temple is just around the corner from the Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel and is a fascinating cultural activity.
5. People’s Square. About a 30-minute walk down Nanjing Xi Road, People’s Square is the real heart of the city. It’s filled with museums, shopping and a huge park, where locals gather to play chess or practice tai chi.