Answers from Our Experts (1)
As CHAR Bar & Grill is a steakhouse, you’ll want to dig into the world-class cuts of beef. The menu not only lists where the beef is sourced but what its marble score is, so this is serious business. However, you’ll also find some fantastic non-steak options on the menu. Here are five of the best things to order at CHAR Bar & Grill.
1. The lobster bisque with mussels, scallop and lime cream. This rich soup is poured tableside from a traditional Chinese teapot into your bowl.
2. The foie gras parfait crumble with apple and red onion jam. The delectable terrine is served in a miniature enamel pot and is one of the best things we ate by far.
3. The Clare Valley Fillet steak, a grain-fed beef with a marble score of three.
4. The tajima Wagyu (the most prized of all Wagyu) or if you’re sharing, the giant Tomahawk ribeye. The 70-day grass-fed beef feeds two to three people.
5. The grilled black cod with confit of baby carrots and star anise and lime syrup. The dish is served with a paintbrush so you can apply as many coats of the tasty sauce as you like.