Answers from Our Experts (1)
Pelham’s is the Western fine dining restaurant at Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund. It’s located inside the hotel’s Heritage Building, a 101-year-old structure right on the Bund. Here are five more things you should know about the Shanghai restaurant:
1. French chefs Hubert Bourdon and Clément Pellerin have taken the helm at Pelham’s, where a talented Chinese team supports them.
2. Pelham’s serves nouveau American cuisine with French accents and some molecular gastronomy twists (cue the foam).
3. Pelham’s is open daily, serving lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner from 6 to 11 p.m.
4. In addition to a set lunch — available for RMB288 (US$46), plus a 15 percent fee — you can order à la carte or off the tasting menus, available as four-, five-, six- and 12-course meals.
5. Pelham’s has one semi-private dining room that can accommodate up to 12 people.