Answers from Our Experts (1)
Wei Jing Ge is more than just a fun name to say; we’ve rounded up several facts for you to ponder before visiting this restaurant at Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund:
1. Wei Jing Ge is meant to look like a hidden, forgotten attic. You may feel as if you’ve stolen away to the top of Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, where you’ll find this restaurant tucked into the exposed wood rafters.
2. Try a tasting menu. Sure you can dine à la carte at this contemporary Chinese restaurant, but there are also six set menus created by the chef that cover a number of courses and menu favorites.
3. Check out the art on display. Rather than just walking down the long hallway, you may want to take notice of the cabinets of hand-painted teacups and impressive Asian art that decorate the walls on your way to your table.
4. The best views are inside. The dormer windows of Wei Jing Ge don’t offer much in the way of views, but you won’t be missing out. The interior is so engaging — from the dangling lanterns to the dramatic red plates on the tables — that we doubt you’ll notice.
5. Host a private dinner party here. If you’re seeking a private space to dine with friends, the Shanghai restaurant offers six secluded dining rooms that can accommodate up to 10 diners.