Answers from Our Experts (1)
You can tell just how good a spa is by the quality of its massages — and Anantara Spa at The PuLi Hotel and Spa passes with flying colors. Its massages and tea-inspired treatments are just a few of the things we love to indulge in at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa. Here are five of its top treatments:
1. The signature massage. Shanghai is a city of great massages, whether it’s street-side traditional Chinese tui na or the best a luxury spa has to offer. But out of all those, Anantara’s signature massage is a must. The spa’s skillful masseuses use the knowledge from three ancient traditions of massage — Chinese, Indian and Thai — to expertly relieve tension with oils and reflexology techniques.
2. The marma abhyanga massage. Alternatively, if you want to potentially double your relaxation with four hands (yes, that means two therapists), try the marma abhyanga massage with Indian ayurvedic techniques.
3. The sports massage. If you’ve had a heavy sports session and fear you’ll be aching at your conference tomorrow, the sports massage digs deep and eases tense muscles.
4. The chrysanthemum tea and pearl wrap. Another special feature of Anantara’s treatments is that they often harness the healing properties of tea. The chrysanthemum tea and pearl wrap makes you feel like a brand-new person, deeply cleansing and moisturizing the body.
5. The signature facial. This facial makes you look and feel more alive and energetic. It takes your skin type into consideration and uses warm compresses and cucumber eye gel.