Answers from Our Experts (1)
As tourism in Sharm el-Sheikh continues to rise, so too does the number of palatial hotels from the world’s most-respected international luxury hotel chains. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the best places to stay in Sharm el-Sheikh:
1. Four Seasons Resort Sharm el-Sheikh. A stay at the secluded, family-friendly Four Seasons begins and ends with complimentary round-trip transfers to and from the airport. In between, you’ll enjoy facilities and amenities that include four pools, planned snorkeling and diving excursions, use of tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, five gourmet restaurants and access to a serene Arabian-style spa. Some of the 1,291-square-feet one-bedroom suites include private plunge pools — all offer sweeping views of the Red Sea from a balcony or terrace.
2. The Ritz-Carlton, Sharm el-Sheikh. This luxurious resort located on the Red Sea coast has 320 spacious guest rooms and suites set within immaculate grounds spotted with lush gardens and inviting outdoor pools. The restaurants here are excellent — we particularly enjoyed the pan-Asian cuisine and quiet, candle-lit ambience at Blue Ginger — and inventive spa packages offered at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, such as the 2.5-hour Chocolate Indulgence and 3-hour Cleopatra’s Indulgence, are worth every Egyptian pound.
3. The Royal Savoy and Villas. Your wish is the staff’s command at this service-oriented luxury hotel featuring private beach access, three pools, a first-rate wellness spa, and remarkable views of the Red Sea around every corner. Posh accommodation options here include nine villas decked out with a flat-screen plasma television, private pool, butler service, Jacuzzi and impossibly comfortable king-sized beds.
4. Hilton Sharm el-Sheikh Fayrouz Resort. Located in lively Naama Bay, the Hilton has 210 bungalow-style guest rooms and suites with patios and views of either the resort’s meticulously manicured gardens or one of four outdoor pools. You’ll have access to a private beach during your stay and ample dining options with eight onsite bars and restaurants; couples on a romantic getaway can also book a memorable dinner either on the beach or under the stars in the desert.
5. Hyatt Regency Sharm el-Sheikh Resort. Adjacent to Naama Bay and offering 471 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, the Hyatt Regency gets high marks for its variety of gourmet restaurants, top-notch water sports center and a nearly 27,000-square-foot pool complex. There’s also an excellent spa and supervised kids club with daily activities for youngsters.