Answers from Our Experts (1)
Business travelers block to Shenzhen to do factory visits or handle manufacturing deals, and there’s no shortage of hotels catering to foreigners. Here are our picks for the best places to stay in Shenzhen.
1. Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. The breakfast buffet here is phenomenal, with a huge selection and an unrivaled juice bar. The hotel connected to the luxury MixC Mall is located 10 minutes walking distance from a subway station and is not too far from the Hong Kong border. The hotel is massive and so can be confusing, but staff is ever present and helpful.
2. The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen. Like the Hyatt, this is a mega hotel with excellent food and attentive staff. Adjacent to a subway station, it’s also quite close to the Futian border crossing. Besides posh rooms, the hotel boasts seven restaurants, and outdoor pool, spa and convenient café.
3. InterContinental Shenzhen. The fantastic pool and manmade beach here on Shenzhen Bay draw in not only business travelers but those with kids; there’s an enormous pirate ship that lights up at night. The hotel offers restaurants serving Brazilian, French and Thai fare as well as a modern fitness center.
4. Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen. This luxurious hotel is known for its extremely large and elegantly appointed rooms and suites. Frequent business travelers who belong to the Horizon Club are pampered with purser service and a private lounge on the 37th floor. The hotel also offers apartments will full kitchens for longer stays.
5. Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen. While the other Shenzhen Shangri-La outpost resides in the Futian District, the city’s cultural and commercial center, this one is in the downtown Luohu District, known for its shopping and proximity to the Hong Kong border. But unlike its Futian counterpart, this Shangri-La boasts a golf driving range, outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms.