Answers from Our Experts (1)
From fresh seafood to a degustation menu with so many courses that it’ll take at least two hours to finish, these are the best things to order at Joël Robuchon Singapore:
1. Les crustacés. Ideal for the indecisive patron, this seasonal appetizer includes three different crustaceans done three ways: king crab with green curry, langoustine fricassee with zucchini and almonds, and lobster in a seafood bouillon.
2. Menu appétit. We love the flexibility of this Singapore restaurant’s “create your own menu,” which gives you the option of choosing how many courses you have and which dishes you’d like from a long list of appetizers, main selections and desserts.
3. L’hamachi. Commonly served as sushi, the hamachi at the fine-dining restaurant is a perfectly grilled filet served with a flavorful saffron-ginger sauce. Sure, it’s a main course, but we’d never object to seconds.
4. Les fruits. French cooking meets Southeast Asian fare in this refreshing, relatively light dessert featuring seasonal fruits with a Tahitian vanilla-flavored coulis.
5. Degustation menu. “Bring your appetite” are the three words we’d use to describe this option, a veritable feast of French cuisine that sees more than 10 courses — cheeses, seafood, meats, vegetables, sweets — served over two to three hours.