Answers from Our Experts (1)
Perusing the menu at Delfinos is reminiscent of sitting in a café in Rome and choosing from the famous Italian delicacies: pizza and pastas. The best part about Delfinos is that the portions are big enough to share, so we suggest choosing a few items and indulging. Here are five not to miss at the Florida restaurant.
1. Manicotti. One of the house specialties, the homemade manicotti is filled with spinach and crab and topped with ricotta, melted tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
2. Shrimp scampi. One of the chef’s favorite items on the menu, the shrimp scampi includes jumbo shrimp, diver scallops, tomatoes and artichokes, and is sautéed in garlic, lemon and white wine. Served sizzling, it comes with long pasta (perfect for slurping up the leftover sauce).
3. Pizza. It’s not often you find pizza on the menu at a fine dining restaurant, but it’s one of the main attractions at Delfinos. The head chef is from New York and prides himself on making the dough and pizza sauce himself. We love the old-school pizza, which is served simply with sauce and mozzarella.
4. Risotto “fries.” An appetizer that shouldn’t be missed, these “fries” are made with risotto rice, seasoned with lemon and garlic and served with a spicy marina sauce. They are perfect for dipping or as an accompaniment to any pasta dish with leftover sauce.
5. Homemade gelato. Just like in Italy, the desserts are worth looking forward to at the end of the meal. You can order the traditional tiramisu or cannoli, but our Forbes Travel Guide editors fell head over heels for the homemade gelato. The flavors change every couple of days, but the gelato is a great end to a filling meal.