Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether you want to try something new or join a local dinner party, St. Kitts and Nevis offers several different food experiences. Here are our top five:
1. Dine on the beach with mongoose and monkeys at Shipwreck Beach Bar & Grill on St. Kitts, but make sure you call ahead to see if they’re serving goat water, arguably one of their best specials. Much more appetizing than it sounds, this dish is a delicious soup of stewed goat meat, vegetables and dumplings.
2. It seems that anything that comes off the grill at Cathy’s Ocean View Bar and Grill on St. Kitts is just plain delicious, but nothing beats her grilled lobster—it’s perfectly seasoned and tender.
3. The Beach House on St. Kitts is a beautiful, breezy beachfront restaurant. Enjoy seasonal, local dishes like lobster pho soup or snapper ceviche.
4. Visit Nevis’ Nisbet Plantation Inn Thursday seafood barbecue. This laid-back party, accentuated by the sounds of calypso tunes, is held by the resort pool. Diners are invited to sample snapper, shark, wahoo and grilled strip steak. Wrap up the evening by dancing under the stars to live music on the beach.
5. An evening at Miss June’s Restaurant on Nevis is like attending a dinner party at the home of a friend. Miss June’s opens just once a week, each Wednesday, and invites diners to mingle with one another over cocktails before digging in to her delicious West Indian-style dishes. You’ll need reservations to attend this culinary event.