Answers from Our Experts (1)
Filled to the brim with history, science and wonder, St. Louis has all kinds of activities for kids. Whether your youngster is brave enough to venture to the top of the Gateway Arch or is wrapped up in the fun at the St. Louis Children’s Museum, you won’t run out of fun things to do for the kids. Here’s our list of the five best things to do with kids in St. Louis:
1. Get a birdseye view. Hop into a pod at the bottom and zoom up to the top of the 630-foot stainless steel Gateway Arch. As you look out the window, you’ll be able to see as far as the horizon stretches.
2. Visit the animals. Take a stroll through the 90-acre St. Louis Zoo to see nearly 20,000 animals, many of which are rare or endangered. With more than 650 species at the zoo, you’ll discover animals from all over the world. The St. Louis Zoo is considered one of the best in the country.
3. Play in the magic house. Your little one will be begging you for more after a trip to the St. Louis Children’s Museum. Yet again, one of the best in the country, this kids-centric museum is fun for kids of all ages. Your kids will love the 50,000 square feet of a child’s wonderland, Magic House. With more than 50 hands-on galleries, kids can do everything from climb a beanstalk to sit in a replica of the Oval Office.
4. Take a thrill ride. Venture to Six Flags St. Louis to get your adventure seekers their fill of thrill. Go from ride to ride to get the most of the 33 rides, and don’t forget the live shows. If that’s not enough, make a splash in Hurricane Harbor Water Park.
5. Learn the fun way. At St. Louis Science Center, you and your kids will be learning without even knowing it because you’ll be having so much fun. With more than 700 hands-on exhibits spread throughout three buildings, you can explore everything from medicine to the stars.