Answers from Our Experts (1)
In and around St. Lucia’s capital city of Castries, visitors can find the island’s best shopping experiences — from high-end jewelry stores to souvenir shops. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ favorite shops include:
1. Castries Produce Market. If you make one shopping run, make it here. The Castries market — which is more than 100 years old — is a true experience for visitors to the island. Local vendors offer thousands of varieties of crafts, memorabilia and spices (keep your eyes peeled for the homemade hot sauce), and local fishermen stop by with the daily catch.
2. Castries Craft Market. Next to the produce market, you can find homemade items including rustic brooms, woodcarvings, leatherwork, pottery and paintings — all perfect gifts to being home for souvenirs.
3. Pointe Seraphine. This harborfront shopping complex boasts the most comprehensive collection of shops on the island. It offers duty-free designer perfumes, crystal, china, jewelry, cigars and clothing as well as woodcarvings and other local arts and crafts in more than 20 modern shops.
4. Gablewoods Shopping Mall. Just north of Castries, you’ll find another dense concentration of shops, including international books, postal services, restaurants and a supermarket.
5. JQ Rodney Bay Mall. Choose from more than 50 shops with items ranging from jam to jewelry on the north end of the island in Rodney Bay.