Answers from Our Experts (1)
Taipei offers a bunch of great things to do with kids. Here’s what we recommend:
1. Check out Taipei 101. Impossible to miss, Taipei 101 is a popular place to take children. Between the world’s fastest elevator ride ascending 91 stories in just 40 seconds flat, the sky-high views and the ice cream shop on the observation deck, it’s a great way to spend a few hours with your kids.
2. See the Miniatures Museum of Taiwan. With the same kind of bizarre draw that wax museums have mastered, Taiwan’s Miniatures Museum is a crowd-pleaser. In this tiny world reside rice-size chandeliers, wall paintings, as well as scenes from fairy tales and replicas of international landmarks. Like spying into a hundred dollhouses, it’s a delight for children and adults alike.
3. Visit Baby Boss. Designed especially for children, Baby Boss is a miniature simulation city. It’s a place for kids to play and learn, with more than 50 professions for kids to act out with their imaginations. Though it’s not a typical tourist destination, Baby Boss is a popular spot for parents in Taipei, and is a great way to get your kids interacting with local children.
4. Ride the Maokong Gondola. Children will love the trip to Moakong. Hop aboard the crystal cable car and watch the forest canopy pass under your feet. When you reach Maokong, have a lunch on the hillside before heading to the zoo for the afternoon.
5. Visit Taipei Zoo. Home to pandas, koalas, penguins and even a tropical rainforest, the Taipei Zoo is a perfect way to spend a few hours with kids. The 407-acre park has eight exhibition areas, including Bird World, the African Animal Area and Australian Animal Area. Conveniently, it’s open every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.