Answers from Our Experts (1)
Being both a beach town and a busy cultural hub, Tel Aviv naturally attracts families looking for a little relaxation, often as part of a larger trip around Israel. From a day at the beach to a day at the park, these are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best things to do with kids in Tel Aviv:
1. Play at the Beach. The best family-friendly areas in the city are located right along the center of the Tayelet, from the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel & Towers all the way down to the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Hotel. While sunbathing, swimming and playing in the sand are the top activities, you’re never too far from any of the hotel restaurants, cafés or beachside vendors.
2. Play at Park Hayarkon. An expansive city park popular with locals and built around the Hayarkon River in the northern part of the city, this is an excellent alternative to the beach. Here you’ll find activities and attractions for the whole family, including boat and bike rentals, an aviary, various courts for everything from soccer to baseball, and playgrounds for children ages 2 and up.
3. Enjoy Your Hotel. The Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel and Hilton Tel Aviv are particularly family-friendly hotels, both offering lifeguarded swimming pools and easy access to the beach. The beachfront Dan Accadia Herzliya has planned activities for kids and teenagers on the weekends, with more mid-week activities for young kids all summer long.
4. Visit Luna Park. A wonderful amusement park featuring over 30 rides for children of all ages, Luna Park is another great alternative to the beach – and at under $25 per person, it’s an economical one, too.
5. Spot Wildlife at Ramat Gan Safari. Located in neighboring Ramat Gan, this African-themed zoo features the largest collection of animals in this part of the world, with many of them wandering freely throughout the park. You can drive through the grounds, rent a golf cart or hop on the safari mini-train or bus.