Answers from Our Experts (2)
Don't be discouraged by the Berkshires' mature environment. There's plenty for kids to do, see and explore while you're here. The best part about the Berkshires (especially for kids) is its traditionally casual attitude, which extends to local restaurants. A few of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants in the Berkshires include:
1. The Olde Heritage Tavern. Located in downtown Lenox, the Olde Heritage Tavern is always filled with locals and guests enjoying homemade food in a relaxed environment. There's a bar area with TVs so you can watch the game, or take the kids into the restaurant and fill them up on burgers, fish-and-chips and hearty soups.
2. Frankie's. For the spaghetti-and-meatball lovers in your brood, head to Frankie's on Route 7 in Great Barrington for family-style Italian food. The restaurant is set in an old house, and on night days you can outside on the porch.
3. Joe's Diner. One of our favorite spots for adults and kids alike is Joe's Diner, located in Lee. You might recognize Joe's Diner from one famous Norman Rockwell ice cream shop painting. Joe's is still in traditional diner form, so sit the kids on the swivel bar stools, order up some rootbeer floats and enjoy the childlike ambiance.
The five kid-friendly dining options are:
1. Room service at Blantyre. Get selections from our scrumptious menu, served in the comfort of your room.
2. Baba-Louie’s in Pittsfield. It serves sourdough pizza.
3. Haven Café & Bakery in the center of Lenox. It's a terrific spot for lunch.
4. The Dakota Steakhouse and Grill. The Pittsfield restaurant serves lunch and dinner.
5. Mazzeo’s. It's an Italian restaurant in Lenox.