Answers from Our Experts (1)
Within a culturally vibrant city, you’ll never be at a loss of romantic restaurants. And considering Toronto is brimming with history and culture, you have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to wooing that special someone with a fairytale dinner. Here’s our list of the five best romantic restaurants in Toronto:
1. Auberge du Pommier. Buried in a 19th-century cottage just north of Toronto, this restaurant will transport you to rural France. Sure, it’s tucked inside a buzzing industrial park, but inside you’ll dine beside wood burning fireplaces. The rustic atmosphere creates the perfect venue for a romantic dinner for two. Sip on a glass of wine from Auberge du Pommier’s 500 label wine list and revel in the charm. Savor traditional French flavors such as steak tartare and Agneau Provençal (herb-roasted lamb loin).
2. The Fifth Grill & Terrace. It takes work to make it to the Fifth, but it’s all worth it in the end. First, an alley entrance leads you to the Easy, an upscale nightclub and former speakeasy. Once inside the Easy, you are directed onto a Persian rug-lined vintage freight elevator. There, an attendant takes you to the fifth floor. Exit and you have finally arrived at the Fifth, a treasured contemporary French restaurant and supper club. The dimly lit dining room is perfect for a night with your love. As you cuddle up next to the fireplace for a pre-dinner drink, you’ll feel like this is the epitome of a romantic dinner.
3. 360 the Restaurant at the CN Tower: Indulge your sweetheart in a taste of the city., as much a feast for your eyes as for your taste buds. As the name suggests, this restaurant completes a 360-degree rotation, offering a breathtaking view from the CN Tower, more than 1,150 feet above the city. Enjoy the market-fresh cuisine along with wine from the “cellar in the sky,” the highest wine cellar in the world. The interior décor is attractive, but the glittering lights of Toronto will woo your eyes — at least until your meal begins.
4. Canoe. This Four-Star restaurant will win your heart as you vie for your date’s. On the 54th floor of Toronto’s TD Bank Tower, this sky-high dining room is one of the most romantic in the city. Opt for one of the tables tucked away near the bar for a magical view of the city. Canoe is a stunning venue to experience creative, regional Canadian cuisine. With dazzling ingredients sourced from local producers, the kitchen borrows flavors and techniques from the world at large, including Asia, France and the American South. The sleek, wood-filled dining room is elegantly romantic, but the view takes it to a whole new level.
5. Splendido. Hitting its stride to become one of Toronto’s best restaurants, Splendido serves up interpretations of international cuisines and with focus on clean, flavorful sauces and local Canadian ingredients. The moment you set eyes on the stucco Mediterranean restaurant, you’ll know that you’re in for a treat. The sparkling wood floors and crisp white walls add to the charm of this Four-Star restaurant. Sip on some bubbly from the charming champagne cart and snag petit fours to nibble on after your fabulous meal.