Answers from Our Experts (1)
A mall shrine in Toronto’s north end, there’s been a lot of ink splashing lately and much of it is due to a huge ongoing expansion plus the arrival of additional ritzy retailers.
Once it’s all said and done, expect more high-end international brands nicely wedged between the bigger box stores.
I like the British invasion myself. A couple of luxe retailers originally from Scotland, Ted Baker and AllSaints, are about edgy but don’t-take- themselves-too-seriously-wear. Canada’s first Ted Baker flagship uses exquisite fabrics. Watch the fall and winter collection – it’s all awash with nostalgia and old fashioned glamor in soft nudes and natural tones accented with hot chilli reds and bright greens that harken to a Gustav Klimt painting.
Other cool Yorkdale Shopping Centre notes:
- Don't call it a mall which sounds so tired. Refer to it as a shopping centre implying more of an upscale experience with customer satisfaction at the forefront.
- Guest services have a hotel reception look and attitude. Can’t find something, ask. Need gift cards, they are there.
- Culinary food stations. This ain’t no cafeteria, you’ll hear the words Dine on 3, the new food court on the third level with 19 offerings in this food collection that has a fully plated service i.e. real cutlery, real glasses and real plates. There’s free Wi-fi and even purse hooks to hook your purse and shopping bags to help organize your lunch/dinner break.
- Concierge – find a dedicated one by Dine on 3. They offer dining reservations so you could reserve a seating in one of the restos or in the food court.
- Fragrance butler – yes these are free sample perfumes you can dab at the concierge desk.
- Fruit infused water – maybe you’re thirsty or have a pill to swallow, head to the concierge desk for some complimentary flavored water.
- Reading material – we all like fashion magazines and local tourism pubs so be sure to pick up some complimentary issues by the concierge desk.
- Curbside valet parking at a cost ($15) but it saves the hassle in parking, freeing up more shopping time plus call ahead for your departure time and voila your vehicle will be at the ready.
- website that’s gone totally international – over 20 languages to help you get your retail fix.
More later – now it’s back for more shopping. ;-)