Answers from Our Experts (1)
Lucky for you, there are plenty of things to do with kids in Turks and Caicos that are fun for adults, too. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ five favorite things to do with kids:
1. The Caicos Conch Farm. Explore the only conch farm in the world that raises Caribbean queen conchs. Kids can even enjoy a show with two trained conchs or interact with baby sea turtles.
2. Semi-submarine ride. Take an hour-long underwater tour around Providenciales in a semi-submarine. Its glass walls offer a spectacular view of coral formations, stingrays, turtles and even JoJo, the island’s dolphin mascot.
3. The National Environment Centre. This Providenciales attraction is a smart way to spend a couple of hours out of the sizzling sun. It offers exhibits on the island’s coral reefs, ecosystems and current research projects.
4. Water sports. Active kids can burn through some energy with water sports such as swimming, snorkeling and paddleboarding. Most beachfront hotels can set kids up with everything they need right there, so you can read your book and still keep an eye on them.
5. Provo Ponies. This Providenciales stable on the southeast end of the island has friendly horses and ponies that are perfect for riders of all experience levels. You’ll ride along quiet trails and in the shallow blue ocean water. They offer morning and afternoon rides daily for small groups of up to 12 riders. Afterwards, the kids will enjoy the chickens, dogs and other farm animals.