Answers from Our Experts (1)
The most challenging part of dinner at Westend Bistro is deciding what to order. For a preview of the tempting offerings, here are some of the best things to order at this Washington, D.C. restaurant.
1. Order the pan-roasted sea bass. The fresh fish is perfectly seared to a flaky golden brown texture and placed in a shallow bowl opposite cooked fennel and strips of toasted bread. A single lobster claw is placed over the bread and drizzled with a butter sauce and topped with microgreens. At the table, a warm bouillabaisse sauce is poured into the bowl to pull the dish together.
2. Savor the Westend sundae. One of the most popular items on the dessert menu that is absolutely perfect for sharing (although we’d like one all to ourselves!) is the Westend sundae. This delightfully boozy treat is made with vanilla ice cream, peanut brittle, chocolate tequila sauce, and cherries drenched in Kirsch brandy.
3. Try the housemade cocktails. The Heated Debate, which is made with Avión tequila, agave nectar, fresh lime juice, and a hint of jalapeño, is tasty.
4. Enjoy the fried Brussels sprouts. This delicious side dish is much more than your average Brussels sprouts. The fried veggies are tossed with warm bacon vinaigrette and shaved Parmesan.
5. Start your meal with a salad. For a hearty salad, our favorite is the mustard greens and pink lady apple salad. The greens are tossed with crisp apple slices, candied walnuts, and a mustardy honey-cider vinaigrette.