Answers from Our Experts (2)
The treatment menu at Red Door Spa in the Willard InterContinental is a long one, but we’ve narrowed it down to our favorites in the spa:
1. The Time Saver. Massages at the Red Door Spa can last as little as 25 minutes, or up to 110 minutes. If you’re short of time, try the $80 time saver massage, a 25-minute Swedish-style treatment that can focus on your upper body or lower body. If you have a specific issue you would like the therapist to focus on, they'll spend the majority of this time soothing an aching joint, muscle, in the area you request.
2. The 25-minute reflexology massage. This is a $75 acupressure treatment offered specially at Red Door. During this treatment, the therapist applies firm but gentle pressure to reflex points on the feet. The idea is that these reflex points correlate to different areas of the body and wellness issues, and a reflexology massage can release blocked energy, relieve stress and boost circulation.
3. The Red Door signature massage. For a longer massage at the D.C. spa, opt for the 50 or 80 minutes of the Red Door Signature massage — a combination of body massage, foot acupressure, and facial acupressure incorporating essence of rose oil and shea butter.
4. The Pregnancy Massage. Guests who are expecting may enjoy the 50-minute pregnancy massage, designed to relieve muscle aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
5. The signature Stress Melter Ritual. For an immersive, indulgent experience, the 110-minute signature Stress Melter Ritual at Red Door, which combines a massage with a skin softening scrub and an aromatherapy body wrap designed for ultimate relaxation.
The five best treatments at Red Door Spa are the Stress Melter Ritual, Red Door signature massage, Red Door signature facial and the Red Door signature manicure and pedicure.