Answers from Our Experts (1)
One of the largest and most luxurious spas in Washington, D.C., The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. offers numerous amenities that spa-goers and hotel guests alike love. Here’s a list of our five favorites:
1. Free use of the fitness and pool facilities. Book a spa treatment and you’ll enjoy access to the TechnoGym fitness center and the indoor 50-foot lap pool.
2. Time rituals. Booking your treatment far in advance, or as a gift for someone else? We absolutely love the time rituals, where you reserve time in the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa instead of a specific treatment. Once in the space, the therapists propose a combination of therapies for your personal needs.
3. Asian influences. From Oshibori towels and flavored tea or water at check-in to special foot therapies and Thai massages, the Mandarin Oriental knows that the Asian culture takes spa seriously. These small touches create a relaxing, Zen-like environment, perfect for total body relaxation.
4. Amethyst steam room. Both the men’s and women’s lounges offer oversized steam rooms with tiled floors, benches, and amethyst sculptures. Both lounges also feature additional hot and cold water features such as experiential showers and ice dispensers.
5. Oversized locker areas. Curl up in a cozy robe, find all the primping materials you desire, and don’t worry about a key — these locker areas at the D.C. spa are spacious, modern, and offer multiple showers, ample changing space and spectacularly attentive staff who clean up dropped towels and spills practically as they occur.