A hidden oasis in D.C.
6 Treatment Rooms
Hidden inside Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C., underneath the buzzing Benjamin Bar & Lounge and BLT Prime by David Burke, The Spa by Ivanka Trump is an understated boutique gem.
The 10,000-square-foot facility — designed by Ivanka Trump, it’s the new spa brand’s flagship — is located on the hotel’s lower level, the area where the former working post office once received mail carts from the nearby train tracks.
Candlelit and intimate in a soothing palette of light gray, the spa invites you to choose one of three “intentions” (calm, energize or restore) and enjoy treatments and aromatherapy designed to fulfill those goals.
A boutique salon offering manicures and pedicures or makeup touch-ups ensures that you’ll leave camera ready, while a guests-only fitness center, filled with the latest Technogym equipment, makes it easy to stay fit while on the road.
• Arrive early to relax in the Sanctuary, which features a unique waterfall and loungers that combine to create an environment of tranquility.
• Select a treatment based on your daily intention — to calm, energize or restore. Each uses different aromatherapy oils, and massages can even be customized to fit your desired mood.
• Instead of packages, book a ritual. These curated and combined 90-minute experiences include custom elements like a rhassoul clay wrap, a full body stretch or a lymphatic massage.
• Take the elevator right up to your room post-treatment — the spa is privately perched on a lower floor, so no need to hit the lobby and see (or be seen) sans makeup.
Things to Know
• The spa is tucked away below the lobby — there’s no exterior entrance, so you must enter through the main hotel or take the elevator down from your room.
• Hotel guests get first priority in booking spa appointments.
• Add-ons, like scalp massages, eye de-puffing treatments or brow shaping, are available.
• We prefer the personalized massage, where you can mix modalities depending on the needs of the day, and include enhancements like hot stones and aromatherapy.
• The quenching Hydrafacial is the spa’s most popular face service. It works well pre-event to get that red carpet glow.
• The small but well-appointed two-station salon can complete a makeup touch-up after your treatment or give a mani-pedi with a well-curated selection of new CND nail polish colors.
• The intimate D.C. spa has only six rooms, one of which is designed for couples. Book on a weekday and you’ll have almost total privacy.
• The space feels cozy and intimate in a palette of soothing grays and candlelit accents, giving it a different vibe from the bold blues and gold of the hotel above.
• For the ultimate relaxation, book an experience for two in the couple’s suite, or add on a 30-minute treatment extension to use the private spa area that includes a detoxifying Himalayan Salt Chamber, a small sitting area and an experiential shower.
• The locker room (stocked with Natura Bissé products) is great for a post-treatment shower, and boasts a small steam room.