Answers from Our Experts (1)
Western Connecticut provides you with a terrific getaway from life in the big city; that means more rustic, outdoors activities that will make you forget all the worries of a metropolitan life with your special someone. Here’s our list of the five best activities to do on a romantic trip in Western Connecticut:
1. We thinking taking a hot-air balloon ride - while sipping champagne - in Watertown, Connecticut with your loved one is hard to beat. Arranged by Watershed Balloons, these rides are the perfect way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion high above it all.
2. Once on solid ground, you can go hiking and bike riding around Lake Waramaug in New Preston, and absorb the unspoiled beauty of this body of water. Lake Waramaug also features 77 camping sites and opportunities for picnicking, swimming and ice-skating.
3. You and your beloved can also absorb the region’s breathtaking beauty on horseback. Nothing says old-fashioned romance quite like a young mare and stallion galloping through the meadows - we’re referring to the horses, if you were wondering.
4. If you’re in the mood to watch a quality film with your sweetheart, no visit to Western Connecticut is complete without a stop at Bantam Cinema in Bantam, which opened in 1927 and screens classic and independent releases.
5. And you can close out an activity-filled day with a romantic dinner at Adrienne. Located in New Milford, the restaurant features a fireplace and is designed to evoke classical, colonial charm - the perfect place to share cozy, intimate moments.