Answers from Our Experts (1)
Western Connecticut holds a whole host of different activities that’ll appeal to you if you enjoy the great outdoors. With that in mind, here are the five best things to see and do in Western Connecticut:
1. Antiquing, which is such a popular pastime in the region that Litchfield Hills is sometimes referred to as “America’s antique capital,” especially the town of Woodbury, whose streets are lined with a variety of antique shops.
2. Hiking and biking in Steep Rock Nature Preserve and Lake Waramaug, where you can take in beautiful vistas, or go canoeing and kayaking on the scenic Bantam River. Just be sure to pack your hiking boots.
3. Golfers will want to take advantage of popular courses such as the Stonybrook Golf Course in Litchfield and the Fairview Farms Golf Club in Harwinton. This part of the country has some of the finest courses the U.S. has to offer.
4. At Lee’s Riding Stable in Litchfield, you can learn horseback riding and discover the region’s rolling hills with an experienced guide.
5. Hot-air ballooning in Watertown makes for a romantic and exciting activity that will present grand views of the area, especially in the fall foliage season, will surely be the highlight of any trip to the area.