Answers from Our Experts (1)
When visiting Dining Room at Inn on Biltmore Estate, you should know that the menu focuses on local and seasonal fare, so you really can’t go wrong with any selection. Also worth noting is the fact that the menu changes often. So, unfortunately, what we enjoyed during our last visit may not be there when you dine. But we’re sure something equally delicious will be in its place. That said, here are our picks for things to try while at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended restaurant:
1. The evening’s special. As these nightly treats tend to be focused around the freshest (and most limited) ingredients, we highly recommend taking advantage of these dishes.
2. Sweet corn tortellini. This pasta dish, made with roasted corn, basil and a roasted pepper emulsion, can be savored as an appetizer or entrée portion.
3. The hen egg carbonara. Another fantastic pasta dish that’s made with eggs from the property’s own brood, this is served with hand-cut pasta and house-cured lamb bacon.
4. Three-course farmers tasting. You don’t need to be a vegetarian to enjoy these choice pickings at the Asheville restaurant; you simply need an appreciation for local greens and roots.
5. Filet mignon. One of the more popular items on the menu, this cut of meat is served with whipped sweet corn, fingerling potato hash and an Antler Hill veal jus.