Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re a first-time guest at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, these are five things to know to enhance your stay:
1. It is not a ski-in/ski-out resort. To hop on a lift, you are required to venture into the historic Aspen Village, where the luxury element of the resort is only reinforced. You’re still steps away from adventure and wrapped in soothing relaxation.
2. Only select rooms have fireplaces. Be sure to request one when booking your reservation. Returning from a day of shopping in downtown Aspen or skiing the slopes is only complete when you can cozy up beside a fire.
3. Shadow Mountain Lounge requires strategy. To get a seat in Shadow Mountain Lounge, be sure to arrive before or after the après-ski crowd. Live music and killer cocktails make this the place to be after a day on the mountain, so don’t miss out.
4. The resort offers complimentary transportation from Aspen’s airport. This perk includes a greeter and someone to assist with luggage, a necessary service when you’ve packed parkas and brought your own gear. Arrange this ahead of time to ensure a seamless arrival for your party.
5. Early risers abound. Expect to queue for a seat at the luxury resort’s breakfast buffet if you arrive between 7 and 8 a.m. To avoid lines, opt to dine in your room or get a later start.