Answers from Our Experts (1)
The St. Regis Atlanta is an urban hotel but it feels utterly residential tucked away in the city’s Buckhead neighborhood — we suggest bringing the same items you would to visit a friend’s grand southern estate on the edge of town. Here’s a must-pack list for a visit to the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Swimsuit. The 40,000-square-foot, resort-like Mediterranean-style Pool Piazza is where you’ll want to lounge about if the temperature hits 70 degrees or higher — which happens often in Atlanta.
2. Cool clothing. During the spring, summer and even fall months temperatures can reach well in to the 80s and beyond — bring lightweight, airy clothes to be comfortable while you’re in this southern city.
3. Sunglasses. Even if you don’t make it to the pool, you can grab a cocktail outdoors on the Grand Terrace (it overlooks the pool). The luxury Atlanta hotel was designed so that the late evening sun hits the Grand Terrace just right, so you’ll need some shades to thoroughly enjoy an alfresco drink or two in the evening.
4. Cocktail attire. The St. Regis Bar is a sophisticated, clubby space popular with both hotel guests and the local community — head here dressed to impress to fit in with the well-heeled guests.
5. Seasonal apparel. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel celebrates various holidays and calendar events throughout the year. Pack a few seasonally inspired items to engage in the festivities.