Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to know about Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, but here are five essentials for any soon-to-be mountain traveler:
1. The hotel is a destination in and of itself. Located about an hour and a half from Calgary (shuttles can be arranged), Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel doesn’t lose any charm to a cluttered city backdrop. Instead, the natural beauty of the mountains and forest accentuate the stately, castle-like design.
2. Pick a season, any season. Hike, raft, cross-county ski, dog sled, snow shoe, skate, horseback ride, fish — no matter what time of year you visit, there are always plenty of activities at your disposal.
3. The Fairmont Gold treatment. Dedicated concierge service, snacks throughout the day, dedicated check-in and out areas and, perhaps best of all, a lounge with views of the Rockies and a fireplace make dropping a little extra dough very worth the perks Fairmont Gold access provides.
4. No boutique feeling. The service is friendly and efficient, but the hotel doesn’t engender a more intimate feeling associated with smaller, boutique hotels.
5. Bring the family. With packages available that provide milk and cookies on arrival, pizza and in-room movie nights and bowling, this is a hotel that welcomes the entire family.