Answers from Our Experts (1)
While it would be easy to detail a long list of great elements to Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, we’ve boiled it down to the essential top five:
1. The views. No matter where you perch at Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, you’ll find gorgeous views of the surrounding area. Snow-capped mountains, seemingly endless stretches of emerald forest and picturesque sights of Bow Valley create a true sense of secluded beauty.
2. Everything you need is on site. From a full service convention center to outdoor activities such as golf, rafting, hiking, fishing and more, this hotel offers it all. You’ll have no need to venture off the grounds in search of something else to see and do.
3. The history. The hotel, modeled after a Scottish-style castle, was built in 1888. William Cornelius Van Horne, the general manager of the Canadian Pacific Railway, immediately saw the beauty in the area and hired architect Bruce Price to create the sprawling hotel.
4. Restaurant rich. With Italian cuisine at Castello Ristorante, French-inspired dishes at The Banffshire Club, Japanese at Samurai Sushi Bar and Restaurant and the rustic and German experience at Waldhaus Restaurant (which overlooks the Spray River), there’s no shortage of dining options at this hotel.
5. The spa. Willow Stream Spa & Health Club is a full-service center for relaxation, featuring beautiful mineral and waterfall pools and a wide-ranging menu of revitalizing treatments.