Answers from Our Experts (1)
Summing up the sprawling Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel is no easy task, but here are five words that paint a fairly complete picture of the Canadian destination.
1. Historic. The hotel was built in 1888 after William Cornelius Van Horne recognized the beauty of the area, and the more than 100 years that have followed have given the property a rich history.
2. Relaxing. If the stunning views of the Canadian Rockies and Spray and Bow Valleys don’t put your mind at ease, the treatments at The Willow Stream Spa and Health Club most certainly will.
3. Active. Golfing, fishing, rafting, skiing, sledding, skating — no matter the season, the hotel has plenty of activities to partake in.
4. Convenient. With a selection of fine dining restaurants, 27 holes of golf, a spa and much more, you won’t have to depart from the hotel’s grounds for very much, if at all.
5. Busy. While the surrounding serenity emits a sense of calm seclusion, Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel draws visitors from across the globe all year long. You’ll be in the beauty of nature, but the hotel will certainly be buzzing with activity.